Old 05-07-2005, 02:06 AM
Toni

"Stephen Henning" wrote in message
news
"Toni" wrote:

After having to call 911 for myself after merely spraying DEET up into

the
air and walking under the mist- I respectfully disagree.

Sheese, did you ever hear of reading the directions. Being safe doesn't
mean that extreme abuse can't cause problems. You don't breath it, you
apply it to your skin.

No kidding.
I did not breathe it.
Repeat - I did not breathe it. In fact I clearly recall being extra careful
about inhaling any.

All I did was very sparsely mist my clothing as I am very cautious about
using such products.

The tone of your (very offensive) post implied that I walked underneath a
waterfall of the stuff with my mouth wide open.
As it was I was wearing long sleeves, long trousers, *and* a hat, . Off for
an early AM dog run just hoping to deter the critters a tad.
I hate to think what would of become of me home alone had I applied it to my
skin as directed.

Is this truly the first case of extreme DEET sensitivity you have heard of?
I assure you it does exist.
--
Toni
South Florida USA