Old 04-07-2005, 07:56 PM
~patches~

Thomas wrote:

Regular cornmeal, like you get at the grocery store is a natural
anti-fungal. Sprinkle some on the surface of the soil and it will help get
your problem under control.
If you want to learn more of the virtues of cornmeal (and tons of other
stuff) go to www.dirtdoctor.com and there should be info there. It's a god
site to visit anyway. I'm not affiliated with it.
Thomas

Thanks for the tip and link Thomas. I for one appreciate it

"Laura J" wrote in message

I know it's been a bit damp around here lately but this is ridiculous. I
just found some mushrooms growing in a container on my third-floor balcony.
Obviously I'm not going to eat them, and this may seem like a dumb
question, but are they going to cause any harm to my Sungold tomato?

There are also some tiny dots on the surface of the soil in that pot but
none of the others. Is this more mushrooms ready to sprout? This picture
is terrible so you might not be able to see them but you can at least see
the other mushrooms. The "dots" are in the white circle.

Pic: http://tinyurl.com/cv4gl

Anything I can do to prevent more of them?

TIA!

LauraJ