Old 04-07-2005, 10:45 PM
Diana Kulaga

Aaaarrrggh!

At least I know it is showing up. I'm going to have to deal the the tech
stuff tomorrow. My brain is addled.

Diana
"?" wrote in message
rg...
On Mon, 4 Jul 2005 17:35:11 -0400 in
Diana Kulaga
wrote:
Okay, gang. I posted the following a while ago, and I was able to see the
post. Now it is gone from the list, at least on my end. *Poof*! Gone.

The subject line was "Test".

Can anyone tell me where the $%#&*(*# it is?

It's still out there on RR's newsservers.
Your first post has a message-id of

If your newsreader has the ability to read articles from the newsspool by
message-id, use that to retrieve the article.
Otherwise you will want to try
telnet hostnameofyournewsserver 119
article
quit

(Works on XP, might work on 2000, works on all Unixes except AIX 2.x
without TCP/IP installed. Obviously substitute hostnameofyournewsserver
to the hostname or IP address of your newsserver).

Odds are the numbering on bell south's newsserver is completely different
from you own and you'll need to reset it as if you haven't read anything
yet.
--
Chris Dukes
Suspicion breeds confidence -- Brazil