Old 05-07-2005, 03:35 AM
~ janj JJsPond.us

On Mon, 4 Jul 2005 23:16:21 +0100, "2pods" wrote:

I thought a half barrel with plants would go well with our two raised ponds
and mini barrel.

Got it home, rinsed it, lined it, filled it with water, installed pygmy
water lily, umbrella palm, and Pickeral weed all in aquatic plant pots with
aquatic compost, and small Hozelok pump (all same as the mini-barrel which
is something like a quarter barrel).

All OK, then 3 days later there is foam and the water seems very cloudy and
grey-ish.
I've been cleaning the pomp sponge daily, but don't know what's happening as
the mini barrel was fine from the start.

Peter

Sounds like a bacteria bloom, if it is a milky white cloudiness. Stop
cleaning the pump sponge, unless it is restricting water flow? Are there
fish in the barrel? If not, you can probably take off the sponge. ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
www.jjspond.us

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a