Old 05-07-2005, 08:20 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Phil L" contains these words:

Neither does Outlook Express if you disable HTML, I have mine set to plain
text and cannot recieve HTML emails....that is to say, the writing is in
plain text, the HTML crud is in an atachment, which get's binned.

You also have to disable the preview pane and have an antivirus program
running with OE - it's targeted by the scumware merchants because it's
(a) Billyware and (b) so full of holes.

I don't have a firewall, nor do I have an antivirus program - though I
have got Spybot S&D, CWSShredder, AdAware and SpywareBlaster for the
web-related worms and trojans.

Of course, if/when I have broadband I'll have to plumb everything
through a firewall, and have (my choice) F-Prot running.

Did you hear (BBC news this morning) that the creator of the Sasser worm
is now working for a net security company?

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/