Old 05-07-2005, 10:13 AM
hornmeister2000 hornmeister2000 is offline
Registered User

Default Surface weed problem

Hi all,

I have a problem in my pond of surface weed. I believe it's called Canadian Duckweed, but I may be mistaken. Basically, it's lots of little green bits and 2-3mm across covering the pond. I keep pulling it out but it grows back very quickly. Last night I found that one of our goldfish had died, and the other was eating the weed then spitting it out, rather than finding the fishfood.

I would like to get rid of it but it would take days to get every last bit out. Has anyone got any ideas or experience of this?

I have a small-ish pond with 1 goldfish (soon to be 2 again) and some frogs.

Thanks in advance,

Neil