Old 05-11-2002, 08:46 AM
Fiona Drew

Default UK garden in Australia.

Andy Roberts
I have a shadehouse and many plants in the patio,however we now have a
drought and can only water with buckets.I have a Jacaranda in full flower.
pansies in polystyrine boxes,but at the moment we can only water three times
a week,and no sprinklers or hoses.
I have carnations jist put in from seedlings but agin they are weedy.We have
to let the lawns die,at the moment.
Some people have roses but I put in minitures,and they are Yuk.at the
moment.
Regards
Fiona.
I am a Yorkshire woman and would love to see Forsythia again,and Christmas
Roses.
"andy roberts" wrote in message
"Fiona Drew" :

I plant it if it dies I don't plant another ,If it grows I buy

another.You
should see the shambles in this Queensland garden.
Senior

If you really want to grow temperate plants in tropical Queensland I've

seen
it done by erecting the opposite of a greenhouse - a shadehouse, using

tall
poles and thick green netting. You may need some extra moisture as well.

Andy R
--
http://www.europa.usenet.eu.org

Europa.* is the usenet hierarchy for europe wide
topics without language restrictions.