Old 05-07-2005, 02:44 PM
G Henslee

I'm in the eastern part of PA about a 6-hour drive from Pittsburgh where the
OP is located. I have plenty of buds on my plants and many are falling off.
I have two plants in containers and two directly in the ground. The
container plants were at one point about 4 times the size of the ground
ones. Now the container plants are getting yellow leaves around the bottom
of the plants and the in-ground plants are all nice and green. The plants
are the "Big Boy" variety. I water the container plants quite a bit because
I'm assuming the soil will dry out more because the sun shines on the side
of the containers increasing the soil temperature higher than those in the
ground would experience. No signs of little maters on any of the four
plants at this point.

Anxious in PA

Overwater and you'll get blossom drop. Don't overwater the tomatoes.