Old 05-07-2005, 06:56 PM
Jim Lewis

Billy M. Rhodes wrote:
Sorry about the blank.

Are hexagonal and octagonal pots treated as round pots or oval pots? If we
treat them as round pots we put the tree in the center. If we treat them as
oval pots we put the tree off center to the right or left.
I just potted up a Bucera spinosa (Bahamian Black Olive) in a hex pot and
treated it as oval.
Billy on the Florida Space Coast

Simple.

By the book: If the hex or oct is longer in one direction
than in any of the others, treat as an oval. If all sides
are equal, treat as round.

In actuality, treat however the tree looks best.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Nature

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++