Old 05-11-2002, 02:34 PM
Tony

Default Plant or a Weed - ID Please

Martin, many thanks for your reply. You've got it spot on -- it's a G. pylzowianum. I
searched google and found some photos of it, and that's the one.

I'll keep it in check, but won't pull it up completely.

Regards,

"Martin & Anna Sykes" wrote in message
Tony,

I'm not sure which variety, but it's definitely a geranium. I've got
something similar growing in my garden although it doesn't sound as invasive
as yours. I looked in the RHS Encyclopaedia and there is only one with a tap
root ( G. farreri ) but it has pink flowers. A better match if they are just
long roots is maybe G.pylzowianum which it describes as ( no picture ) :

G. pylzowianum
Spreading perennial with underground runners and tiny tubers. H 12-25cm,
S25cm or more. Fully hardy. bears semi-circular, deeply cut, dark green
leaves and in summer, trumpet-shaped, green centred, deep rose-pink flowers.
May be invasive.

Martin.