Old 05-07-2005, 04:33 PM
shazzbat

"Derek White" wrote in message
I can't quite get my head around this, because we live in a clean area and
our garden is small but well looked after. We bought some large wooden
oblong plant containers about a year ago, and we have some very pretty
flowers in them that help to decorate the garden. And today, disaster! I
have seen a rat in the garden, which, on closer inspection, appears to

have
burrowed down beneath one of these containers. I now feel as though I am

an
extra in the film "Night of the Living Dead"! It is quite horrendous to
think it is lurking in my garden. What is the best way to get rid of it. I
would prefer not to use a trap, but I believe there might be poisons or

rat
repellents on the market. Any ideas would be gratefully received!
P.S. I have a tortoise and a dog as pets.

Sack the dog. It's not pulling its weight.