Old 05-07-2005, 07:21 PM
Corncrake

Variously here and there in the thread "Mike Lyle"
and I
wrote about gooseberries and wine :-

Me :
When they are unripe it is a characteristically country gooseberry
wine,,
,, later {ed. when they are 'bursting-ripe'} it can be a nice white wine !

Him:
Interesting, Corncrake: individual taste, I suppose.

Me agin :
I was just about to offer that as a possibility

and now me with an also-ran :

Or the gooseberry variety perhaps ?

Are youan'me the only chickens here brewing goosgog wine ? !

(1) What varieties do other urglers grow _and_ferment _ ? do they get
good wine?

should we be doing this in uk.rec.fermenting or, failing that,
perhaps in uk.food+drink.misc ?

(2) Where does one buy from a good selection of varieties, links
anyone ?
Mine are now 30++ years old and could do with some new playmates !

Should I have changed the thread subject ? !?