Old 05-07-2005, 09:14 PM
Totty

Rod Craddock wrote:
"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from Ben Edgington contains these words:

To see
the wasps look closely and don't think big, black and yellow - look for tiny
black insects only 2mm or so long with very slender bodies.

I found something big, black and yellow from the other end of the wasp
spectrum this morning. In the skimmer basket of my neighbours pool was
a beautiful Scolia flavifrons over 4cm long. My daughter said she had
fished her out of the pool twice last night, but she seemed bent on
suicide. When I found her in the basket she appeared to be dead so I
brought her home and put her in the small tray on my desk to show to a
young friend who loves "beasties" as much as I do. 14 hours later, I
have just noticed that she is flexing her wings, although not yet
making attempts to crawl. Hopefully by tomorrow she will be ready to
fly.
Good photo here
http://entomologia.rediris.es/aracne...1/14/fig03.jpg

--