Old 05-07-2005, 09:44 PM
Peter Donovan

I have got the same problem with my cabbages also SWEDES!! after all they
are from the same family I will be out with the bug spray as soon as it
stops raining I think that the present mild damp weather could be causing
the problem any ideas
Thanks
"Ben Edgington" wrote in message
Dear All,

Some of my brussels have developed fairly large (several cms diameter)
dense
grey patches on the upper surfaces of the leaves. At first sight it looks
just
as if somebody had poured water on them and then emptied the contents of
an ash
tray on top - they are raised and look somewhat fluffy. Around the
patches the
leaves are starting to yellow and shrivel a little.

At first I thought, fungal infection. But the symptoms don't really seem
match what my books tell me about powdery mildew or grey mould.

On closer inspection the patches look more like aphid colonies - little
grains
that occasionally move. I've seen brown aphids and green aphids, but
never
grey before, so I'm still not sure.

Can anyone identify this, and, even better, recommend treatment?

Many thanks,
Ben

--
Ben Edgington