Old 05-07-2005, 10:23 PM
Mike Lyle

Paul Giverin wrote:
In message , Kay
writes
In article , Mike Lyle
mike_lyle_uk@REMO VETHISyahoo.co.uk writes
My own lawn is free from it because I
hate the stuff and religiously oik it out as soon as I see any

but
the neighbours are not so conscientious

I'm not sure I would regard having purely grass as a matter of
conscience. Isn't it more to do with different tastes?

Not really. They all say that they would like a lawn like mine (and
don't get me wrong, it isn't perfect) but they can't be arsed to

put
in the work.

We have been thinking of digging a section of it over and sowing it
with a meadow mixture but we can't decide if its the right thing to
do. There's no rush so it can wait for now.

You hate your trefoil, but you do think a meadow mixture might be all
right? If you do want meadow flowers, don't dig it over: you'll need
to strip it down to subsoil, or you'll soon be regarding grass as a
lawn weed! I've found that even when you put down stone to grow the
wild flowers in, the grass takes over in a very few years.

--
Mike.