Old 06-07-2005, 04:23 AM
Bourne Identity

Tomatoes are a temperate climate fruit. They stop producing when
night temperatures remain above 78 and this is that time. I live in
Texas and my tomatoes are still producing, but are covered in spider
mites. This is the first year I've had a good harvest of tomatoes. I
switched to heirloom varieties which have been proven to produce in
this part of Texas and just yesterday I went out, cut all my plants
back and will keep them watered till mid July, when I will start to
fertilize them again and try to get a second season out of them. Now,
tomatoes are definitely winding down in the mid to deep south.

Victoria

On 5 Jul 2005 11:14:27 -0700, "
wrote:

I've been battling red spider mites on my tomato plants for about 15
years. And, so far, it's been: me - zip; red spider mites - 15. I've
tried everything: Kelthane, hard water sprays, detergent, malathion,
Neems, Sevin, flea & tick spray . . . you name it. Nothing has been
successful. Whatever anyone has suggested, I've tried. I live in
Oklahoma -- hot, dry summers. So, does anyone have a suggestion? I'll
try anything.

Arthur Bay