Old 06-07-2005, 03:27 AM
DrLith

...when I can't even figure out a decent way to cook it? :-)

The plants are pretty, though. And big.

Seriously, though. Other than breading and frying (I'm on Weight
Watchers), any tasty tips would be appreciated.

Grilled, grilled, and grilled. Slice into long strips, toss them with a
little olive oil and salt and assorted herbies, and throw on the barbie.

Or, alternatively, sauteed with peppers and onions and a little salt
(the salt helps draw out the juices and it carmelizes nicely) on high
heat so they get a little seared on the edges, then toss in a little soy
sauce at the end (and sesame seeds if you have them). A good way to cut
squash (or any vegetable for sauteeing) is to cut it first into
quarters, then chop at alternating angles \/\/\/ to make irregular
trapezoidal pieces. The angles help things move in the pan better than
flat, regular slices, which have to be tediously flipped.