Old 06-07-2005, 01:15 PM
pixi

Thank you but almost everyone has prickly pear cactus growing somewhere on
their property.
I live in a rain shadow and the place is considered semi arid even though it
is WV.

Wish we had settled 10 miles further west. No cactus and lots of rain.
Also lower temperatures and lower humidity. Right now my entire yard is an
ugly brown. We water certain trees and the flowers but can't water 6 1/2
acres without going to the poorhouse.
"presley" wrote in message
Prickly pear pads are edible, and depending on the ethnic make-up of your
area, you could probably put an ad in a local hispanic shopping area for
someone to "harvest' the pads for you.