Old 06-07-2005, 12:39 PM
The Cook

" wrote:

...when I can't even figure out a decent way to cook it? :-)

The plants are pretty, though. And big.

Seriously, though. Other than breading and frying (I'm on Weight
Watchers), any tasty tips would be appreciated.

Make pickles.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Squash Pickles

Recipe By :
Serving Size : Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Canning, Preserves, Etc.

8 cups squash, summer -- sliced
2 cups onions -- sliced
1 tablespoon salt
1 cup green pepper -- diced
2 cups vinegar, cider
3 1/2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon celery seed
1 teaspoon mustard seed

Combine squash and onions. Sprinkle with salt. Let stand 1 hour.

Combine peppers, vinegar, sugar and spices. Bring to a boil.

Drain squash and onions, add to liquid. Boil for 1 minute

Remove from heat and pack in jars and seal.

Process in BWB for 5 minutes for pints.

Yield:
"4 pints"
- -

--
Susan N.

"Moral indignation is in most cases two percent moral, 48 percent indignation, and 50 percent envy."