Old 05-11-2002, 05:05 PM
David Sinfield

Default Plant or a Weed - ID Please

In message , Tony
writes
There is a plant in my garden which I haven't planted. It spreads like
crazy, which makes
me think that it's a weed. It sends up runners all over the place,
rather like a
buttercup weed and it has long roots like a dandelion. However, it
looks very much like a
hardy geranium, and it has purple flowers in summer.

If someone could identify the plant, I've scanned in its image on this website:

http://www.v-b-elec.u-net.com/plant/plant.htm

Many thanks.

Both hardy geranium and weed at a guess.

It's certainly one of the cranesbills (geraniums) but it doesn't look
like herb robert. That's got a much paler flower and red tinged leaves
and infests my garden. The closest in my Keble Martin is G. Pyrenaicum
(Pyrenean Cranesbill).
--
Cheers,
David Sinfield (Surrey, UK)