Old 06-07-2005, 06:58 PM
Jean B.

Default Jap. Maple cutting

I am pleased to see my Japanese maple cutting, perhaps three weeks old,
still looks good. How long should I wait until I consider it a success?
Six weeks? If I am so lucky (this would be a first), how do I
transplant it from the medium I have it in (ca 50-50 sand and peat)
without damaging its roots?

If this actually does succeed, I will try a few more cuttings from my
beloved plants. I tried some last year but didn't read up on it first.
This year, I have changed the medium, cut some of the leaves in half,
and put the potted cutting in a plastic bag to conserve moisture. My
first attempts ended up covered with mold. This one looks fine--no
mold, and the leaves look fresh and strong.
--
Jean B.