Old 06-07-2005, 03:14 PM
dave weil

On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 21:23:44 GMT, "Gail Futoran"
wrote:

"dave weil" wrote
[snip]
[/QUOTE Hi Gail, I got two big bags of manure yesterday. I'm going to
ready the soil for the roses. I'll make sure it's well mixed in, so
that all I have to do is plant the roses when they arrive. Thanks for
letting me know not to expect too much for a year or so, otherwise I'd
probably think I did somethein wrong. Once all the work is done, I'll
just enjoy them That's the best bit.

Ummmm, the name is dave, not Gail.

LOL! Hey Dave. How are your roses doing?
We're in high 90s - 100 here, no rain for at least
a month and none in sight. Watering schedule
has moved to a spreadsheet. I'm watering
plants I usually don't bother with. The roses
are a top priority for watering, of course, and
so far they're doing fine.

Gail
near San Antonio TX Zone 8

I've been a baaaaad boy. I just haven't been into it this year. Benign
neglect has been the watchword this year and I'm hoping I don't lose
too many roses this year.

It's been a strange year for seasons here and I think it threw me off.
I'm not a natural-born gardener. I have to work at it. And this year,
I'm just not.