Old 06-07-2005, 05:45 PM
Steven Briggs

In message , Bill Stock
writes

"Steven Briggs" wrote in message
Here in the UK I have 4000 gallon (18000l) pond stocked with goldfish &
orfe. It is very rarely clear, it almost made it briefly in March, and as
usual has been pretty murky since.

People add the Trace Elements to their aquariums all the time, with no ill
effects. I try to shoot for .1 ppm FE, but up to .25 shouldn't do any harm.
You might also find that the Magnesium is lacking, as there are not enough
in the TE to do you much good. Some Epsom Salts will aleviate this problem.
For a pond your size you would need 50 to 100 tablespoons to achieve 5 - 10
ppm.

Thanks Bill. I have thrown some Epsom Salts in occasionally.
At the moment my gut reaction is make up a mix of 2-3 parts chelated Fe
& 1 part the above TE mix, and dose with that, Epsom & LoSalt.

--
steve