Old 07-07-2005, 01:43 AM
Ulrich M. Reich

I assume that by now you have found something that allowed you to find the
valve in the lawn. However if not, there is a pretty nifty tool you can use
to find electric irrigation valves. You should be able to rent a wire
tracer for about $50 per day.
The way this works is by hooking one end if the valve wires (not the common
wire) to the noise generator. Then with a wand and a set of earphones
connected to the wand you follow the wire to the valve. Once you locate the
valve the noise gets very steady and very loud.

I have found many a valve and wires like this.

Good luck

"rkramanu" wrote in message
One of my sprinkler system valves appears to be busted but I can't locate

it
since the valve box is buried in several inches of mulch somewhere. I

found
one of the valvel boxes but this didn't have the valve for the zone that

has
the problem. I dug around a bit in the obvious place but my lawn is too

big
and it seems like an impossible task. Anyone know a better technique or
specialized equipment that I can rent to find the valve box?