Old 06-07-2005, 09:37 PM
Aspasia

On Wed, 06 Jul 2005 00:11:26 GMT, me wrote:

Osmocote (or the generic equivilent) works very well before you plant them,
after planting, Miracle Grow works very well, my only complaint with that
is that you have to reapply about every other week, because its basically a
liquid fertilizer.

Hmmm...that seems VERY frequent.

The "purists" (not meant derogatorily) hold that Miracle Gro works on
the *plants*, whereas "organic" fertilizers work on the *soil*. Idea
being that when the soil is healthy, plants will do better than when
they get an instant shot of fertilizer like Miracle Gro.

Not taking a position either way, as I'd have to grow stuff in two
identical plots to have a control, required to verify the opposing (or
complementary?) procedures scientifically.