Old 07-07-2005, 01:14 AM
SVTKate

How about a tractor, and a chain. You could yank them out.
That's what we do.

Kate

wrote in message
oups.com...
:I have some shrubs I need to kill that are along a lake shore. I
: cannot use any chemicals--natural or otherwise. I also won't be able
: to pull the shrubs out. Their roots are too strong and the terrain
: would make it impractical. If I cut them back, they just sprout right
: back up.
:
: Are there any ways I can encourage these shrubs to die? Perhaps by
: cutting them back a different way? Scraping some bark off? Covering
: them up? I'd be interested in hearing any techniques you think may
: work.
: