Old 07-07-2005, 01:27 AM
Mark Anderson

Default Giant Ragweed

Today I did a weed search on this one plant that was getting huge and
found out it was giant ragweed. I let it grow to be about 3 feet wide
and 3 feet tall with a huge trunk in one of the new wildflower boxes.
After confirming it was giant ragweed I decided to pull it. The plant
must have come from the new soil in that box that I got from Menards.
After pulling it it let out this huge stench that made me nauseous and I
got some of the stem juices on my hands and that really stunk. I don't
have any allergies and never had a problem with pollen but right now,
four hours later, my sinuses are stuffed up and I have a headache. Does
anyone know if this will go away by itself or will I now have a permanent
allergy problem? Now I understand why so many people have to take drugs
like Clariton.