Old 07-07-2005, 01:54 AM
Jean B.

Travis wrote:

I have a book called "Cuttings through the Year" published by The
Arboretum Foundation Washington Park Arboretum. It talks about growing
cuttings in flats and when you transplant from the flat to individual
pots the roots should be trimmed to the drip line to encourage feeder
roots and again when the cutting is put in its final growing spot. The
book says cuttings may take from 3 weeks to over a month to root. Soft
wood cuttings (current years growth) are suggested. It also suggests
the cuttings be taken in June or July but that is for the PNW.

It seems to me that you need a fairly deep vessel to begin with, but I
must be wrong. I guess I shouldn't get my hope up. I took this cutting
in June, and it was this year's growth....

--
Jean B.