Old 06-11-2002, 06:09 PM
Chris Hogg

Default Elaeagnus x ebbingei banquet?

On Mon, 4 Nov 2002 19:56:29 -0000, "Charlie Pridham"
wrote:

"Steve Harris" wrote in message
Plants for a Future raves about the fruit. Is it good? Easy to grow?

Steve Harris - Cheltenham

Should be interesting to see the replies to this, Eleagnus x ebbingei is a
great hedge plant with scented flowers in Autumn, many forms have lovely
variegated foliage, but fruit? I have never seen any, but then if they are
hedges I suppose they may get cut off! its also not 100% hardy if you are in
a cold place.

Ours has small berries about the size of a small olive or rose hip,
green with some reddish streaks IIRC, but pretty insignificant. Never
tried eating them though, if that's what Steve means.
--
Chris
De-* virgin for e-mail reply