Old 07-07-2005, 03:02 AM
Gail Futoran

"dave weil" wrote

I've been a baaaaad boy. I just haven't been into it this year. Benign
neglect has been the watchword this year and I'm hoping I don't lose
too many roses this year.

I tend to lose roses almost every year even when
conditions (including my input) are really good,
so I've stopped worrying about it. They get
replaced, which is an excuse to shop at the local
nurseries.

It's been a strange year for seasons here and I think it threw me off.
I'm not a natural-born gardener. I have to work at it. And this year,
I'm just not.

I don't feel like I'm a natural-born gardener, either,
although I think my neighbors would disagree
with me. I'm just obsessive about some things.
We had unusually good seasons this year (well,
until now...), with a cool spring and lots of rain,
so the roses got a good start. Now I'm just
watering a lot to keep them alive.

Gail
near San Antonio TX Zone 8