Old 07-07-2005, 02:06 AM
Roy

Default Madagascar Dwarf Water Lily = Dauben Tropical lily

I had obtained a tropical lily called a Dauben, and was told it is
quite self adjusting, so much that it will only grow so large in a
small aquarium or container or if placed in a pond it could also get
to about 6 or more feet in spread.....I had it planted in a 29 gal
tank, and its bloomed a few times now, and yet this plant only has
leaves about as large as a half dollar or so, and the smallest lily i
have ever seen..its really a mico lily.... The water depth is whatever
the standard 29 gal tanak is, 16" or so, and its planted in the
gravel.

Today I was told that all a Madagascar lily is which is very popular
with aquarium enthusists since it stays so small, is that the actual
lily called a Madagascar Dwarf is in all reality a Dauben.........I
paid $15.00 for the Dauben,, but fish shops want $40+ for a "Madagasar
Dwarf Lilly".........

This lily would look super in a basin sized water feature or some
other small container.

I have two other tropicals this year planted and doing fine, aPanama
Pacific (purple in color) and a Albert Greenberg which is a yellow
pink bloom, both of which are day bloomers.....The Dauben is a light
sky blue in color

I may get another Dauben and plant it in the large pond.......I have
seen em before in ponds full size and you would never believe they
were the same lily

"The original frugal ponder"