Old 07-07-2005, 02:13 AM
Roy

Do you provide any additional shade? It helps, although I measurd my
ponds temps around the very shallow areas and in some areas the water
is in the high 80s to low 90's and it seems to be where most of my koi
& GF like to spend the day at rooting. Granted they have cooler water
if they elect to go there, but 9 out of 10 times they are in and
along the very shalalow edge half in and half out of the water
rooting.

My wifes half barrel setup gets into the real high 80';s without
shade and they fish have always done fine.......Just what temp is your
ponds water.......how much water is i the pond? Its unlikely the water
will be the same as outside air and may surprise you as to what it
really is.

Have you checked your waters parameters? Lots of things can kill them
and not be very visible, besides temp.

On Thu, 07 Jul 2005 00:29:16 GMT, "Emily & Craig Cagle"
wrote:

===My goldfish pond has had happy fish in it for 4 years now and suddenly I've
===had 2 of them die within a week. No signs of disease or trauma...I live in
===south TX where the temp has averaged 100 lately, I'm wondering if the water
===is too hot for the poor guys. I know they do best in cooler waters. My
===plants are fine, lilies blooming, frogs living happily in the water too.
===Any ideas?
===
===Craig
===