Old 07-07-2005, 02:47 AM
Reel Mckoi

"Emily & Craig Cagle" wrote in message
My goldfish pond has had happy fish in it for 4 years now and suddenly

I've
had 2 of them die within a week. No signs of disease or trauma...I live

in
south TX where the temp has averaged 100 lately, I'm wondering if the

water
is too hot for the poor guys. I know they do best in cooler waters. My
plants are fine, lilies blooming, frogs living happily in the water too.
Any ideas?

========================
You don't have a thermometer for your pond? You can get one at HomeDepot
for pools for less than $5.00. I'm here hot and sunny middle TN. The water
got up to 92 in my 800 gallon pond for several days in a row. It's in full
sun most of the day and only partly shaded with water lilies. When it's
that hot the fish rest quietly on the bottom under the larger lily. So far
no deaths.

Can you provide some extra shade over you pond or perhaps add extra aeration
during these really hot days?
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
My Pond Page http://tinyurl.com/cuq5b