Old 06-07-2005, 08:23 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message .com
from contains these words:
Kay wrote:

... it's July and my lawn is waterlogged and there is a stream running
through the far end of the garden.

I've never known a summer as wet as this!

My feeling about this water shortage in the SE is "It serves them right
for building all those houses there"!

I'm in the fairly-south east [0] and my butt runneth over. [1·4¼]

Most of the water from the chilterns, through Hertfordshire, up west
Essex, Suffolk and Norfolk falls in the Chilterns and is conducted that
way by the deep chalk aquefer. The East Anglian Heights are the tail-end
of the Chilterns.

[0] as opposed to the fairly south-east
[1·4¼] thatis, my water-butt.

--