Old 07-07-2005, 01:11 AM
Miss Perspicacia Tick

Kay wrote:
In article .com,
writes
Kay wrote:
... it's July and my lawn is waterlogged and there is a stream
running through the far end of the garden.

I've never known a summer as wet as this!

My feeling about this water shortage in the SE is "It serves them
right for building all those houses there"!

Oh, I don't know. I'd far rather they built them there than here!

I never had you down as a NIMBY, Kay... I don't want them here either. Worst
of it is, my sister is an architect with one of the most notorious local
developers. He's been had up in court goodness knows how many times for
flagrantly flouting (try saying that fast after a couple of G&Ts!) planning
regs. He's also just applied to build on one of the few remaining areas of
green belt in the county...