Old 07-07-2005, 03:18 AM
boothbay

Default Phal bloomless

My Moth orchid shed its last bloom after almost 2 months. now it looks
awful...bare. What do I do now? When, if at all new blooms would appear.
About a half inch below that last bloom is what i believe the next bloom
would appear...but its so skimpy looking...about a 1/4" long. Seems
like it may take months for it to bear a bloom if at all. BTW, what is
that 'thing' called? A spike? I personally would like to cut the long
stem down furthur to make it look more compact. Does this work like a
plant when you try to induce more growth?