Old 07-07-2005, 05:57 AM
Reel Mckoi

"G & K Meyer" wrote in message
Checked ph and it is way up, so added some ph reducer. Also checked the
Nitrate, Ammonia and nitrite they are all very low.
What causes the ph to rise? And how should I control it? I also put
the WH in a pail of water / miracle grow. How long should I leave them

in
there?
Thanks for all the help !

If the fish are adapted to the high HP it's safer to leave it alone - unless
it's through the roof. How are the fish acting? You should get zero
readings on Ammonia and Nitrates.

I leave plants in the tubs of fertilizer (when needed) for about 48 hours,
or until they are obvious "greener."
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
My Pond Page http://tinyurl.com/cuq5b