Old 07-07-2005, 06:04 AM
Reel Mckoi

"Courageous" wrote in message

Checked ph and it is way up, ...

To what?

What causes the ph to rise?

Is your pond made from concrete? The usual cause of high
ph in ponds is high ph source water or limaceous cement used
in the construction of the pond

C//

===============
This is true. Some people think limestone rocks raise the PH. That hasn't
been our experience.

The liner of the 2000 gp will cover the cement berm so there will be no
contact between the water and berm. My water tends to run alkaline here.
Straight from the tap it was 7.2 a few years ago. It hasn't been tested
since. I just bought new test kits today. The price sure has gone up.
Tomorrow I'll do tests I never did before. This should be interesting.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
My Pond Page http://tinyurl.com/cuq5b