Old 07-07-2005, 02:54 PM
guckka guckka is offline
Registered User

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily & Craig Cagle
My goldfish pond has had happy fish in it for 4 years now and suddenly I've
had 2 of them die within a week. No signs of disease or trauma...I live in
south TX where the temp has averaged 100 lately, I'm wondering if the water
is too hot for the poor guys. I know they do best in cooler waters. My
plants are fine, lilies blooming, frogs living happily in the water too.
Any ideas?

Craig
I'm new to the forum, so please forgive me if I'm posting wrong. I also had a problem with water temps going too high in my mini pond. I devised a "shade sail" in about an hours time and it works wonderful in keeping the water temps down. I purchased regular canvas and used wooden stakes to anchor it to the ground. I remove 2 sides when it's overcast out or when evening comes.
Attached Thumbnails
Goldfish dying of heat?-shadesail1-small-.jpg