Old 07-07-2005, 11:57 AM
Pat Kiewicz

Zarch said:

Pat Kiewicz Wrote:

The solution might be to core aerate the trampled parts and then
spread
a top dressing of compost over it. Watch for water stress and maybe
give it some supplemental watering.

Many thanks for the that Pat. I'm glad to hear its nothing that some
care and attention can't sort out.

Could you explain to me what you mean by "Core Aerate" please? Should
i just get out there with a fork? or would some sort of rotary aerator
be better?

In 'core aeration' the tines are hollow and pull out a plug of turf, leaving
an open hole behind.

http://tinyurl.com/dzfn7

Would the "Rotary Lawn Aerator" or the "Hollow Time Aerator" from the
abive link be your recommendation?

The 'hollow tine aerator' would be more the thing, though here in
Michigan, powered core aerators are available from rental places, or
lawn service companies can be hired to do it. (I find it irritating that
they generally offer this service in the spring, when I would prefer
to have it done in the fall.)

(attributed to Don Marti)