Old 07-07-2005, 12:00 PM
me

Aspasia wrote in
:

Hmmm...that seems VERY frequent.

The "purists" (not meant derogatorily) hold that Miracle Gro works on
the *plants*, whereas "organic" fertilizers work on the *soil*. Idea
being that when the soil is healthy, plants will do better than when
they get an instant shot of fertilizer like Miracle Gro.

Not taking a position either way, as I'd have to grow stuff in two
identical plots to have a control, required to verify the opposing (or
complementary?) procedures scientifically.

Absolutely, its very fequent. Miracle grow is a foliar feeder, and doesn't
last long in the soil at all. There is no substitute for good healthy
soil, its absolutely essential.

however that said, my gathering of the meaning of the post is that all they
were looking for was a quick solution. Compost tea and some plant tone
would most likely be a better long term solution.