Old 06-11-2002, 11:36 PM
Nick Maclaren

Default gardeners from hell

In article ,
DaveDay34 wrote:
Other than the man shot dead for putting some clematis clippings in the wrong
place, I think that the council contractors who carried out work (weeding and
removal of some shrubs) that led to a house needing to be demolished had to be
the worst story on the whole programme.

How on earth did they achieve that? Pull out a mature laurel from
next to a 17th century cottage with a mechanical digger? I can't
think of much else that could do the job.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren,
Email:
Tel.: +44 1223 334761 Fax: +44 1223 334679