Old 07-07-2005, 02:06 PM
G & K Meyer

1200 gal pond, rubber liner with stone.
Reason we checked was from response to question about plants.
I bought pool test strips that go from 6.8 to 8.4 ph and test last
night it was at least 8.4 ph so added 8oz of ph reducer, Checked this AM
still 8.4 so added 8oz more.
Fish seem to be doing ok. I read that best ph is 7.0 for fish?
Any ideas on control of ph? What would cause this, besides concrete?
Could this be why some of our plants just don't look as good this year?
We have never really tested water before. What is the best way to test and
how do you know when to test?
Thank again.

"Courageous" wrote in message

Checked ph and it is way up, ...

To what?

What causes the ph to rise?

Is your pond made from concrete? The usual cause of high
ph in ponds is high ph source water or limaceous cement used
in the construction of the pond

C//