Old 07-07-2005, 10:33 AM
Harold Walker

"BAC" wrote in message

"Harold Walker" wrote in message

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message

"Harold Walker" wrote in message
Congratulations to London and all involved in the 2012 Olympic Games
chase..........H

Well I'm sorry that france didn't get it!

Why would that be Alan...I thought every Englishman would be as happy as
clam in the sea.........

Alan is not alone in regretting the British 'success'. Recent Olympics
have
proved to be an expensive burden for the host nation's taxpayers, far from
the pot of gold most people appear to think it is. The French would have
been welcome to it, IMO. And Paris isn't that far from Londres, when all's
said and done, mon ami ...

I now admit the main reason for posing my 'statement'...to get a little bit
of a feel of 'the people' as compared to the bulls*** one hears on the
telly...thank y'all....H