Old 07-07-2005, 11:36 AM
Miss Perspicacia Tick

jane wrote:
On Thu, 7 Jul 2005 01:11:46 +0100, "Miss Perspicacia Tick"
wrote:

~Kay wrote:
~ In article .com,
~ writes
~ Kay wrote:
~ ... it's July and my lawn is waterlogged and there is a stream
~ running through the far end of the garden.
~
~ I've never known a summer as wet as this!
~
~ My feeling about this water shortage in the SE is "It serves them
~ right for building all those houses there"!
~
~ Oh, I don't know. I'd far rather they built them there than here!
~
~I never had you down as a NIMBY, Kay... I don't want them here
either. Worst ~of it is, my sister is an architect with one of the
most notorious local ~developers. He's been had up in court goodness
knows how many times for ~flagrantly flouting (try saying that fast
after a couple of G&Ts!) planning ~regs. He's also just applied to
build on one of the few remaining areas of ~green belt in the
county... ~
~
Vale of Pednor by any chance?

I've heard terrible things about how that's going to be ruined soon...

jane

That's it Jane - couldn't remember the name (damned brain fog!)

Sarah