Old 07-07-2005, 06:50 PM
Jack

mulching good
volcano mulching bad

fertilizing established trees good
fertilizing new trees bad

planting trees with root flair exposed very good
planting too deep really bad

"FardinA" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi,
I have planted three trees (CrabApple, Amor Cherry). These trees were
in burlap when I received them. I followed what my local tree nursery
person suggested. I have spread mulch around the trees. However, i am
not sure if that's a good thing to do for young trees. I have heard
that putting mulch on newly planted trees causes harm for the tree. On
the other hand, there is an opposite idea that mulching is a good idea
for newly planted trees. Can you share your experinece with me about
mulching the newly planted trees?
Another questioon I have is about fertilizing these trees. i have
applied the growth booster fetrtilizer. I mixed some of the powdery
stuff into water, and spread it around trees. Is this enough for this
year for my trees, or should I repeat the fertilizing process?
If you have any other suggestion on how to take care of newly planted
trees, please let me know.

thanks