Old 07-11-2002, 12:03 PM
Grahame Fendle

Default Sometimes, all the pain is worthwhile

"Martin & Anna Sykes" wrote:

I'm surprised! I thought that you had to avoid the first sun of the day
because the buds get damaged if they thaw too quickly on frosty mornings. Is
this just a myth?

Exactly! Not a mark on them, it's extraordinary, and the main reason
they've *never* been in the front garden. shrugs We are quite lucky in
that we rarely get frosts here and they are against a wall that gets no
cold winds, just the early sun. Perhaps that in itself is enough to keep
them 'warm' enough.

Just goes to show that a little leftfield can do wonders sometimes. :-)