Old 07-07-2005, 06:24 PM
Rod Craddock

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
On 5 Jul 2005 09:04:15 GMT, (Nick Maclaren) wrote:

Are you sure that it wasn't the wild Viola odorata? It's not rare.

It was NOT the wild woodland violet, but had bigger leaves, and was
given to me as a scented one, which it was not, to my disappointment.
Not sure which, but it looked nice in the lawn!

Are you sure it didn't smell? - The scent (at least of the cultivated form I
grow) is elusive and some people don't get it at all. The chemicals
involved temporarily knock out the sense of smell so if you don't get it at
first sniff it will be a while before you will get it. It was used a lot in
smellier times as a strewing herb for that reason.
--
Rod

My real address is rodtheweedygardeneratmyweedyisp
Just remove the weedy bits
and transplant the appropriate symbol at.