Old 07-07-2005, 10:21 PM
Travis

me wrote:
Aspasia wrote in
:

Hmmm...that seems VERY frequent.

The "purists" (not meant derogatorily) hold that Miracle Gro
works on the *plants*, whereas "organic" fertilizers work on the
*soil*. Idea being that when the soil is healthy, plants will do
better than when they get an instant shot of fertilizer like
Miracle Gro.

Not taking a position either way, as I'd have to grow stuff in two
identical plots to have a control, required to verify the
opposing (or complementary?) procedures scientifically.

Absolutely, its very fequent. Miracle grow is a foliar feeder, and
doesn't last long in the soil at all. There is no substitute for
good healthy soil, its absolutely essential.

however that said, my gathering of the meaning of the post is that
all they were looking for was a quick solution. Compost tea and
some plant tone would most likely be a better long term solution.

Compost tea is hogwash. Just plain old compost would be much better.

USDA Zone 8
Sunset Zone 5