Old 08-07-2005, 03:09 AM
Vox Humana

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
"Travis" wrote in message
news:Wxize.36335$Fn4.23442@trnddc06...
David Martel wrote:
Mail,

Such technical flaws in a citation won't affect the merit of the
citation. If you raise the issue of the date the date will be
corrected. Mow your lawn.

Dave M.

It could be something other than the lawn. Shrubs/trees blocking the
sidewalk or interfering with traffic.

That's true. I walk 4 nights a week. A few neighbors have stuff growing in
such a way that it pokes pedestrians in the face. I like wild gardens, but
that's just plain stupid.

Around here, people seem to move every two or three years. People move in
and get an urge to mark their territory by planting something. Often it is
a small tree or shrub that they plop down in an inappropriate spot. They
move in a couple of years and the cycle repeats. After about 15 years, you
get stuff growing over the sidewalks and blocking your vision at the
intersection. It's too much work for people to remove or prune overgrown
pants, and most people seem to be allergic to the outdoors. They drive down
the street, push the garage door transmitter, drive into the garage, close
the door, and don't come outside again until it's time for the next work
day. They seem oblivious to the fact that their landscape needs some
attention. I suspect that most of the younger people who do this are
conditioned by their parents catering to their every need that it isn't in
their scope of thought to do anything themselves.